NPSNZ Workshop- Software for Editing landscape Images
Date: Saturday 31 October 2020, 9 am to 11am
Venue: Rock and Mineral Club, 110 Waltham Road, Christchurch
What to bring: Your laptop that has editing software installed (optional- the computer). Barry will have his computer with Adobe Lightroom Classic & Photoshop for demonstration / illustration of features.
Purpose of the workshop: Although Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Lightroom are perhaps the most well known, they are not the only post-processing software applications available. Discussion will also be about the other applications- the pros and cons.
Points to be covered:
- Why do post processing- the reasons and benefits
- For natural history images- what marks down a photo from being a winner, what can be fixed in post processing and how far can you go to comply with competition rules.
- Is post processing a substitute for good camera craft.
- Core features required in software to organise your images, basic edits and then more advanced work.
- What are you trying to achieve and the means to getting there.
- Are you printing and want to check tonality, colour balance etc before hitting the button.
- Installed software or on-line
- Brands, their features and capability and cost.
- Plug-ins- what’s available and what can these do v your main photo editor.
Handouts: Several handouts, providing detailed guidance, comparisons and tips will be available to workshop participants.