What is the workshop about- some of the matters we will cover:
· Do you print your images for home viewing,create photo books or entering competitions. Or would like to!
· Have you used Fuji kiosk machines for prints,calendars or photo books, professional printing services such as Kens Camera,used Blurb or Momento for photo books or another printing / graphics company.What it pays to know to get a quality job and differences between each service.
· Camera file size and cropping- some of the issues down the line.
· The need to critically examine an image for faults and distraction, before committing file for printing
· Are you familiar with the in-camera settings and practices , post processing settings and colour space to achieve a quality print and importantly meet your expectations
· What are the ideal room lighting conditions when carrying out post-processing. Will have some discussion on this.
· Are you familiar with colour space requirements when using Blurb and Momento printing services , as two examples
· Monitor calibration- what is this and what are the benefits of having your monitor calibrated.
· Photographic paper – what are the types and different results from each.
· Why do some prints turn out too dark. We will talk about the common reasons.
· Specs for NPS exhibitions
The following content is accessible for members only, please sign in.