The Nature Photography Society of New Zealand would like to invite your club to take part in the Trenna Packer Salver Competition. Copies of the entry form and rules are attached. The competition opens on the 1st of May 2022 and closes on Friday the 17th of June 2022
The objective of the Trenna Packer Salver Competition is to illustrate the diversity of the natural world in New Zealand and its off shore islands, with images that are of a very high standard. As the natural environment comes under increasing threats from human activity it is vital that we have a comprehensive collection of high quality images. Many of the images used to illustrate field guides have come from members of camera clubs. We hope that by running an annual New Zealand Nature inter-club competition we can promote an increasing interest in photographing the natural world as well as encourage best practice in photographing nature subjects.
The competition is for sets of 6 nature projected images, and is open to all clubs in New Zealand. We’d love to see the competition grow and so, if your club has never entered before – please consider getting a set together and making an entry. We hope that your members find this competition of interest and look forward to seeing some exciting sets.
The Rules for this competition are the same as the PSNZ Rules for Nature, as current on the PSNZ website as of 1 February 2021 – see link below.
- The subject matter must be nature as defined by the rules attached, which excludes cultivated plants, domestic animals and confined animals
- The subject matter is restricted to New Zealand and its offshore islands.
- Clubs with over 100 members are restricted to one image per photographer.
- If the Club has less than 100 members, a photographer may submit 2 images.
- Each entry is judged as a ‘set of projected images’ not as individual images and must flow well and have good cohesion
- Entry is Digital and images should be saved as jpeg, sRGB colour space, resolution 72dpi with 1620 pixels on the horizontal for landscape and 1080 on the vertical side for portrait and at a file size between 400Kb and 1.2Mb. A layout image must be included showing the order and layout of the set.
It is suggested that entries are uploaded to Dropbox and shared with the coordinator or use this file request link to dropbox
- Instructions for using dropbox link below.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact coordinator at details below and we suggest you look through the galleries on our web site http://www.naturephotography.nz/galleries/trenna-packer-gallery/ at winning sets since 2007 for guidance.
We will be hosting the showing and announcing the results of the Trenna Packer Competition on Monday July 18th at 7.30 pm in our Club Rooms, Rock and Mineral Clubrooms 110 Waltham Rd Christchurch. Anyone from your Club will be most welcome to attend that night.
We look forward to your entry into the Trenna Packer Salver Competition.
Coordinator Trenna Packer Competition
Nature Photography Society of New Zealand